I had fully intended on sharing a great before and after with y’all today, but sometimes life happens. It looks like I’ve got a case of the sickies to start off the week. So I’ll
5 Tips To Save Energy At Home
Here are 5 tips to save energy and $$ at home!! Courtesy of energy.gov
5. If you use air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort. Just make sure to turn it off when you leave the room (fans cool people, not rooms).
4. Heating water can account for 14 to 25 percent of the energy consumed in your home. Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F) and save energy (and avoid a surprise faucet-scalding).
3. By using the microwave, toaster or a counter-top grill rather than an oven, you’ll use less energy and avoid excess heat that increases room temperature.
2. Leaving a computer on all day can cost about 21 cents per day, or about $75 per year. Unplug electronics and appliances when not in use – a task made easier by using multiple-outlet strips, which can turn everything off with the flip of a switch.
1. Programmable thermostats can save up to $150 a year on energy costs when used properly. Use one that can automatically turn off your cooling system when you are not home, and turn your system on in time for you to arrive home to a cooled house.
For almost a decade I have been serving the real estate community. I am member of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Association of REALTORS® and the National association of REALTORS®.I am a Military Reloca....
Latest Blog Posts
11 Home Buyer Behaviors That Make Real Estate Agents Cringe | realtor.com® 11 Mortifying Home Buyer Behaviors That Make Real Estate Agents Cringe By Cathie Ericson |