A10F03B49704A9555CB18D6BD506641C

Shannon Hughes's Blog Posts

How To Spot The Most Expensive Repairs When Shopping For A Home

How To Spot The Most Expensive Repairs When Shopping For A HomeChoosing a new home often comes down to comparing the sale price to the condition of the property and any repairs or updates it.

Read More

10 DIY Projects That Add Value To Your Home

10 DIY Projects That Add Value to Your HomeKeep It CleanFirst impressions count when selling your home. Make the interior of your home shine from floor to ceiling by taking the time to spruce up

Read More

Why Spring Is The Perfect Time To Sell Your Home

Why Spring Is the Perfect Time to Sell Your Home | U.S News Real Estate Here are four tips for taking advantage of the springtime homebuying surge: Prep your home.’

Read More

What You Should Know About Mortgage Programs For Teachers

A number of local, state and federal programs offer eligible teachers steep discounts on homes and attractive mortgage terms. The Good Neighbor Next Door program, for example, sells homes for 50%

Read More

SelfEmployed Clients Loan Approval Chances Just Got Better

Self-Employed Clients? Loan Approval Chances Just Got BetterThe two largest sources of mortgage money in the United States want self-employed loan shoppers to know that their chances of getting

Read More

7 Neighborhoods Gentrifying The Fastest

7 Neighborhoods Gentrifying the FastestWhen newcomers move into low-income neighborhoods and begin rehabbing homes, it can prompt a much-needed rush of investment into the community. But with

Read More

Waterworld Could Floating Homes Be The Future

Waterworld Could Floating Homes Be The FutureAs sea levels rise, architects are brainstorming ways to make homes more resilient to flooding. A floating unit is being singled out as a living solution

Read More

HUD Seeks Input On Maximizing Opportunity Zones

HUD Seeks Input On Maximizing Opportunity ZonesThe Department of Housing and Urban Development is seeking public comment on how it can use “Opportunity Zones” to better benefit residents and

Read More

Get Preapproved For A Loan

Get Preapproved For A LoanOnce you’re confident you have enough cash saved to pay for closing costs and 20% of your home, you’re ready to handle the other 80% by talking to a mortgage lender.Get

Read More

Determine How Much House You Can Afford

Determine How Much House You Can AffordBefore you get emotionally attached to a beautiful house, check your monthly budget to determine how much house you can afford. You need to leave room in your

Read More

Save A Down Payment

Save a Down PaymentIf saving up to pay the total price of a house in cash isn’t reasonable for your family’s timeline, at least save for a down payment of 20% or more. Then you won’t have to

Read More

Save For Closing Costs

Save for Closing CostsAlong with your down payment, you’ll also need to pay for closing costs. If you’re a first-time home buyer, you may be wondering how much it costs to close on a house. On

Read More

Jan 16 2019 65913 1

Get Pre-Approved for Your Home Loan " There’s a big difference between a buyer being pre-qualified and a buyer who has a pre-approved mortgage. Anybody can get pre-qualified for a loan. Getting

Read More